How to get involved
Head over to the MindMate Volunteer page on Facebook to find out what’s going on. This is a closed group so you need to request to join.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us you’re interested.
What’s Future in Mind?
Future in Mind: Leeds is a strategy all about how people in Leeds are working together to improve children and young people’s emotional and mental health. Read more in this Quick Guide
How young people in Leeds helped to create MindMate
Making MindMate wasn’t quite like making any other site.
We had to make sure that every section was truly useful so we worked with young people, professionals and parents/carers every step of the way, using their advice to make MindMate even better.
- Young people help decide what content should be included on the site
- They help us to choose the topics that really matter to young people
- We work with them to develop our tone voice and decide on more straightforward terms like ‘feeling sad’ instead of ‘depression’
- We work them to decide how the site should look. They told us it should be simple, easy to use, bright and accessible, without being kiddie
- Young people help test the site and games, and decide on future developments.
Every word, link and resource we use is approved by young people – whether it was written for them or it’s a resource that MindMate is recommending for professionals to use with children and young people. We’re changing the site all the time, adding new content, topics, games etc, to make sure we’re giving young people in the city what they need
Oh, and, of course it’s young people in Leeds who provide the voices for our animations and films, too (after they’ve helped us to write the script, that is).